Friday, May 29, 2009

The one when Miss Q went missing – A snapshot of my life in the past 6 months (Part 1)


Like I said in my first blog entry some days ago, lots of things had happened over the past 6 months

I regained my confidence, self worth and self belief
I think life is funny. Human beings are a creature with loads of self doubt and peculiarities. I supposed that is what makes us human. Sometimes you could be a person, who is full of life and confidence, but things happened along the way, maybe you lost a loved one or in my case being told almost on a daily basis that you are not good enough for the things that you crave most, work so hard every waking moment to achieve it. No matter how confident you are, after a while you will start believing what was said as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

And then one day, something happened (in my case I went for an interview that was so morale and confidence boosting) you snapped out of your slumber. You start to believe again that you are good enough and you are worth something. Once that believed is awakened, you will realize your self worth and you will find your self belief.

In a way I find it rather funny actually that I regained myself worth attending an interview. How did it happen, at the end of the day, the thing did not even worked out in the first place….

At the end my conclusion is that God works in mysterious ways…..

As for now, I am serving my notice period in my current company and counting the days when I will start anew at a new company, in a new state at a new city…..

I lost my grandfather
We lost my grandfather (more fondly called Tok Bak) on 15 February 2009. Now there would be an empty void for my family and myself.

I have many fond memories of my Tok Bak. How he and my late grandmother, Tok Mak would come and picked us for a stay over the weekends in their house. How we would love to go and picked up chicken eggs and run around the huge compound of their house.

Like my late Dad, my Tok Mak was a fantastic cook and now there are times where I would miss their cooking terribly. Though I am glad that I manage to get Abah to give me most of my favorite recipes. Somehow tho’ its not the same…!!!!

My Tok Bak was also a good public speaker and we would make him speak during our family function. He would also come up with loads of riddles for us to solve.

Like I said, I have loads of fond memories of my grandparents, the fondest memories would probably be those Raya celebrations held at their house….

Pictures of Tok Bak during the Ghaffur Family Day gathering at Eagle Ranch PD on 26 – 27 Dec 2008







No comments: