Thursday, February 18, 2010

Perks of the new job??? Maybe

I do travel a lot in my new job. So it means hotels, taxis, airports and more hotels, taxis and airports. So far I still enjoy it… thank god since in the next few years I foresee that I will need to do more traveling in particular with the new position I am about to take up. In order to break the monotony and make the travel more interesting I would take some photos, if I remember or not too lazy anyway, and in particular if I get a room with a nice view or an upgrade to a nicer room, it happens more often than not.

Here are some of the views I manage to capture with my mobile phone. Not bad eh???
On the left, view from my room at the Dorsett Labuan. I could also see the Labuan Supply Base from my room




I was also in Kota Kinabalu for another business trip the other day and part of what I need to do is a walkabout at Jesselton Point. Wow it felt as if I was in a small quaint old seaport in Europe.





Wish I could stayed longer sipping some nice cool drinks with some people watching


See what I mean, don't you think this looks and feels like one of those european small seaport village?








Remember the upgrades I do get sometimes, well I got one during the same trip. I got upgraded to a suite, I think the name of the suite was something like Padas or something like that. View from my bedroom to the living area....










The gigantic bathtub....... complete with bath salts...








It was a cool room, felt more like a studio apartment and I love the fact that they actually have a walk-in wardrobe. Ahhhh walk in, always a girl’s dream ain’t it?







Getting the upgrade also meant that I got to entertain myself at the executive lounge on the 13th floor of the hotel. Again the view was nice. Enjoyed my breakfast there!!!

And oh!!! I nearly forgot…new job means new toys

Amongst others, the new spectacles I got made. I had been eyeing the Roberto Cavalli frame collection for almost a year (how sad) and always feel that it was too pricey for what I was making at that time.




And…my beloved new toy, my pride my joy




Hey…. a girl deserves to splurge sometimes!!!!!

2 comments:

The Mommy said...

Hmmm... I think it is break the monotony... and not break the monopoly... wakakaka

BTW, am happy for you... just remember to save money for the trip to Canada/US come July.

Miss Quixotically Quirky said...

Wakakaka.. thanks, I missed that one.

As for saving money... hmmm I am trying. Try ask Dada how much she saved already. Anyhow, she bought a set of luggage for the trip..