Thursday, July 17, 2008

An open letter to Sir Alex and the one I use to adore


I have been meaning to write this open letter. I am thinking of posting this to MEN as well as MU forum (if I don’t chicken out).

I am a football fanatic, I used to love Liverpool but then I committed the greatest of sins (one that can be committed by a football fan I supposed) I changed allegiance. I now bleed red.. red devil that is.

I fell in love with MU the season when they were down in points against Arsenal, but they closed rank (I cannot remember what season but I know that was Beck’s last season with MU.. details are such a chore) and chased after Arsenal and won the league. From telecast of the match, from the articles I read I could see, I could feel the desire and determination of each player to chase after Arsenal and overtake them. I remembered one match, the determination shone through Gary’s eyes and many others……It was awesome. That’s when I fell in love. If a club produce such feeling than this is my club. Bye bye Pool, it had been good but I am gonna be great with MU.



I never thought you could hurt us so much

This is the club I want to support. This is the club I now choose to support….

And last season my club won the double, all through summer I should have been celebrating basking in the glory of the team I support, looking forward to the new season going into the Champion League not only as the Champion of England but also the defending Champion League Champion (mind you being in Malaysia, some of the telecasts means that I would have to wake up at around 3am in the morning on a working night just to watch my team playing. You want slavery??? That is what I go through every season is..) and what did I get.. this will I go will I not… I am a slave. If a slave is given such love and adored and protected take me then, make me a slave.


Gone were the days when you.. I adore my dear

Maybe it is a foolishness of youth that makes one act with such childish petulance and selfishness I do not know, but should we condone it???.

I may be one that stands alone in being sick of all this, I may not. I don’t care. All I know I am sick of it, as a fan I did not really enjoy, I could not enjoy the fact that my team won the double… this is my time you know, to enjoy and savor…..

So to Sir Alex, if he wants to go let him go. Yes we might loose a talented player, the best player in the world so what, football has always been and will always be a team game. We will find others, maybe not this year but we will. Club should always come first. Whisper it softly but whisper it still, if this is the treatment I get as a fan, then I would rather have a Fletcher, an O’Shea, or a Smithy who would give it all for MU.

No comments: