Monday, May 5, 2008

Pippo, You Ancient Relic ... Fragile Yet Priceless

Aaa.. my weekend was complete yesterday. All that needed to win... won.... yeay.

I love me some football to the extend that I am willing to wake up at 2.30am in morning on a working day just to watch a game that my favourite team is playing. Lucky me the Milan Derby was played early yesterday that I don't have to wake up at an ungodly hours.

First half was almost all Milan but with no end product. As always Pippo at the right place but the Inter keeper made some good saves. Nothing much and my beautifully manicured nails are still safe. Ha..ha! Second half again was almost the same. To be honest I am getting nervous so much so that I was like watching the game, on the board in the AC Milan Forum as well as surfing at the sametime... ya ya you wonder how I do that, well the name of the game is multi-tasking. I had to working where I work.

Back to the game suddenly Kaka crossed and Pippo scores. Right place at the right time AS ALWAYS. To quote Vieri "In pippo's case the ball will look for him, not him looking for the ball" , not an exact quote though, I paraphrased. People always claims that Pippo only scores easy goals, his lucky etc but if you watch carefully and think about it I think his goal scoring effort takes skills. The skill and ability to read the game, to anticipate where the ball would land and where the goal is. He makes it easy. That is his skill. Just because something appears easy doesn't mean it is easy.

Then Kaka made it two. However Cruz had the cheek to reply with a stunning free kick. Keeper rooted, dang!!!!!!..... Here goes my nails. I was so nervous I could not believe it. Pippo was sub for Pato. The new wonderkid, he looks like a cartoon character. So cute. Ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!. After about 15mins of agony the referee blew the final wistle. Phew was I relieved & so did the hendreds of people in the forum and millions others watching and supporting Milan.

Pippo played well and look rather unhappy when subbed even at his age you could see fire and passion. Maybe that is why I like to follow sports so much. I admire determined and passionate people. People like Schumi, Lance Armstrong, Pippo, C Ronaldo et el.

Looking at Pippo who is on a scoring run wish the clock could be turn back 5 to 10 years. For that matter I wish we could clon Tun Mahathir as well. Alas I digress, Tun will be another topic altogether. I am going to miss Pippo when he retires, which from the look of it would be sooner rather than later, just like I am missing seing Schumi in action in the F1. For the time left, I' m determined to enjoy Pippo and his goal scoring feat. I had enjoyed Schumi's final year in F1.



No comments: