Monday, May 19, 2008

The 19-Day Adventure of Miss Q Quirky The Globe Trotting Adventuress - Site Seeing Around Vancouver – May 18th, 2008


Vancouver, Day 3.

Today my brother in law Roy and the kids Melur & Maman took me to English Bay. It is a seaside area in Vancouver. The weather was really nice. It was bright but not hot or humid. It was windy and really cool.

We took 3 busses to get to the beach. The ticketing concept here is really cool (well I think so although due to the traffic jam in Malaysia I don’t think the concept will work). We can buy a ticket that that will give us an unlimited number of buss ride within the same zone for a period of one and a half hours. To get to the beach it took 3 busses but it cost me only $CAN2.50.

At the beach the kids tried their hands on flying the kite but it did not work out so well as there were too many people and the winds were not cooperating. Roy actually suggested that we go to the Vancouver Tower (this is similar to the KL Tower) but me being a chicken asked not too. Hmm I have to do something about my fear of height soon I think. I sat down people watching. One of the activities I really do enjoy but has always been denied on normal days. I can only do such things while on holiday…. To Jill yes! Yes! I remember your instruction; I am on a look out but have not seen any potential yet.

On the way back we stopped at DQ (Diary Queen). The kids shared a bowl of ice cream whilst I had the Oreo Earthquake. Yummy… checked out the picture. Angah joined us at DQ. She had the Earthquake as well

Surprise, surpirse, I am somehow compel to have another one. Mind you the one compelling me for another cup is myself. So Roy and me decided to have the Blizzard of the Month a.k.a the Strawberry Cheesecake. It was so nice but made me very full. The kids had their second helping of ice cream as well. According to Maman this is allowed as he has been a little naughty but a lot and lots good (pronounced as “A yot”). As a reward he is entitled to have a lot of ice cream

Melur & Maman can be really funny sometimes. At the DQ Maman said something really funny. It is hard to explain but I’ll let you guys see it for yourselves in the video clipping below. Isn’t he a cutie?

After DQ we took the bus home. I planned to go for a jog around 6 later but alas the plan is left as A PLAN, did not realised how tired I was fell asleep as soon as I got home, next thing I remember was Melur & Maman waking me up for dinner. Aaaa…!!! Old age, it does get to you. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures and video I put up. Until later…




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

dah shopping ke wei

Anonymous said...

akak, bila nak tulis psl pengalaman kita kat seattle outlet premium?
hehhehee

Miss Quixotically Quirky said...

To Miss Anonymous.. yes dah shopping.. and I mean shopping. A wicked almost 6.5hours worth of shopping spree.

Miss Quixotically Quirky said...

To Cik Ina

I will write our experience. Don't worry. Tapi kena tunggu bila dah sampai M'sia lah.

Anonymous said...

beli apa wei..gambau-gambau...balik bile aaa?

anne said...

update update....nanti mati blog ni

Anonymous said...

hi akak!
sihat ke?
jehan babysitter maman n melur tau now..
evyday dgr cite best psl diorang
hehehe

The Mommy said...

Nie bila nak update nie?

Miss Quixotically Quirky said...

Hi Ina. I am ok. Bila Ina nak balik M'sia. Call lah akak. You have my number right. Maybe we can go dinner with my mum as well

Miss Quixotically Quirky said...

Hi the Mommy.. muahahaha is it the The Mummy??

Dah dah update dah.. finally. Ade gambar lagi